6 Double Date Night Ideas
Have you been wanting to get out more with your partner? Looking to mix things up? A double date may be just the way to do it. Going out with another couple gives you a chance to experience time with your partner in a different way. It's also a great way to make sure you prioritize date time. After all, if more people are involved you're a lot less likely to cancel. The possibilities for a great double date are endless, but here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
- Try a Trivia Night: Too many double date ideas pit couples against each other. We think it's time to work as a team. And what better way to do it than by crushing everyone else at the bar at trivia night? If you really want to dominate, choose your second couple carefully. Go for a pair who are experts in something you're not so familiar with and watch your team rise to the top.
- Enjoy a Food Tour: Book out four slots in a local food or drink tour. Enjoy a few hours together sampling some of your city's best cuisine while enjoying the company of people you like. Try not to overdo it, but if you do there's a good chance that between the four of you someone is carrying some TUMS.
- Go Bowling: How long has it been since you've last gone bowling? If your answer was "middle school," it's time to check out the lanes again. Four is the perfect number of people to rent out a lane for an hour or two. Add in a pitcher of beer and a basket of curly fries and you have a good time - no actual bowling talent required.
- Host an In-Home Wine Tasting: Break out the unbreakable glasses: it's time to try some wine. Challenge everyone involved to bring their favorite bottle to share. Pair with a charcuterie board and see if you can outdo each other in coming up with ridiculous interpretations of what you're drinking. Try using the word "terroir" - no one really knows what it means, but it'll make you sound like an expert.
- Plan a Picnic: Looking for a budget friendly double date? Can't get much cheaper than a blanket and some nature. Each couple can bring a dish to share, then all you have left to do is sit back and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
- Visit a Dog Park: Do you or another couple have a dog? Time to meet up at the dog park. You'll get a chance to spend some time outside, enjoy the company of some people you like, and meet some really great dogs. Oh, and if both couples have dogs? Guess what: you're now on a triple date. You're welcome.